Just last night, Apple was offering beta testers version 6 iOS 11.2 test, in preparation for several months. It was indicated in the article: it was likely that the final version arrives next week, the launch is usually around 19h Monday or Tuesday night.
But surprise this Saturday morning, while the US is still asleep, Apple has just launched the iOS version 11.2 for iPhone and iPad. Not usual and probably related to a bug reboot awful appeared this night in Australia but has spread since.
Indeed, some users with apps with recurring notifications are victims of regular reboot of their machine since this morning of December 2nd. The bug was obviously fixed in iOS 11.2, Apple could have chosen to release the version immediately. But this remains a guess (corroborated by the fact that Apple Pay Cash, which arrives with this version in the US, will not be operational until Monday)!
Still, a new version iOS 11 is now available for download via a wireless installation (go through Settings on the machine) or via iTunes. It brings a number of innovations mentioned in recent weeks.
We can mention several novelties discussed there, many cosmetic changes, but also the support of faster wireless charging for iPhone 8 and iPhone X and changes
Here is the official list communicated by Apple:
New in iOS 11.2:
Apple Pay Cash (US only): To exchange money with friends and family and ask for them in Messages or Siri.
Improvements and fixes iOS 11.2:
- Reduces the wireless charging time of the iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X with compatible third-party accessories: support for the 7.5W mode of some chargers.
- Offers three new live wallpapers for the iPhone X.
- Improves the stabilization of the video camera.
- Automatically switch to the next episode of a podcast in Podcasts.
- Allows Alpine ski distance to be used as the data type in HealthKit.
- Fixes a problem that could cause mail to continue to resume in Mail after a download has completed.
- Fixes an issue that could cause mail notifications that are cleared for Exchange accounts to reappear.
- Improves Calendar stability.
- Resolves an issue that could cause the Settings app to open on a blank page.
- Fixes a problem that may prevent access to the day’s view or the camera from the locked screen.
- Fixes a problem that may prevent the display of Music controls on the locked screen.
- Fixes a problem that could disrupt app icons on the home screen.
- Fixes a problem that may prevent users from deleting recent photos after the iCloud storage space becomes full.
- Fixes a problem that may prevent the plan from appearing in Find My iPhone.
- Fixes a problem that might cause the keyboard to appear above the last message in Messages.
- Corrects a problem that may produce an incorrect result if you enter numbers quickly in Calculator.
- Fixes a problem that may cause a lack of responsiveness of the keyboard.
- Supports RTT (Real Time Text) calls for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- Improves the stability of VoiceOver in Messages, Settings, App Store and Music.
- Resolves an issue that prevents VoiceOver from announcing incoming notifications.
To the first ones who install it, feel free to share your feedback in the comments!